Ultrapop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Madonna thread

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Official Madonna thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Madonna thread

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:54 am

Madonna going rock at this point would be perfect tbh. I wouldnt mind another dance record but a rock record would just be pretty amazing.

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:05 am

Ley wrote:Madonna going rock at this point would be perfect tbh. I wouldnt mind another dance record but a rock record would just be pretty amazing.

Yes, I know you're probably gonna disagree but I would just love a more American Life-esque record. I love you I know most people dislike the AL album but it's one of my fav I love you
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

http://ultrapop.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:07 am

Disagree? Idts! American Life is amazing Shocked Probably my 3rd Fav Madonna album after Erotica and Confessions. If she did another album like that id be more than happy, also AL had one of her best tours supporting it! <3

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:12 am

The reinvention tour is her best for me, every song was enjoyable delivered. AL contains some of my fav M songs like LP, Intervention and Hollywood. Ley I think we shall get on swimmingly Cool
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:22 am

Yes, ReInvention is just perfect. Its probably her most well put together show. And she sounds amazing in it (especially when compared to S&S). I never understood why the AL album had a really mixed and negative reception, it has some really beautiful moments on it. I remember praying that Hard Candy wouldnt outsell it LOL

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:29 am

Ley wrote:Yes, ReInvention is just perfect. Its probably her most well put together show. And she sounds amazing in it (especially when compared to S&S). I never understood why the AL album had a really mixed and negative reception, it has some really beautiful moments on it. I remember praying that Hard Candy wouldnt outsell it LOL

I know, I don't either Crying or Very sad it should've done well (although it did reasonably outside the states) every track on there is a gem (I'm So Stupid showed an amazing side of M that had never been explored)
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:31 am

Tbh, I even like her rap on the title track even if the lyrics are a bit cringe. Its just the fact its so random that makes me like it! Smile

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 am

The rap bit is strange but it does suit the song. And the AL remixes are soo good! I just wish the original video had been released.

Anyway, who'd your dream M/producer collab be?
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:45 am

Tbh I dont know, I sort of want her to discover a new mega talent again like shes done in the past. And after the last album, working with the latest in producers didnt really work for her lol you??

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:57 am

Not the latest producers for sure. I liked the idea of A-Trak and maybe Butch Vig (who has worked with Nirvana, Garbage and Greenday) but I'm sure she'll do alright.
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:02 am

Well yeah, she's Madonna she can do alright on her worst albums lol But yeah the A Trak rumour seemed like it could be interesting, a producer who have worked with Nirvana working with her could be really different

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:04 am

Ley wrote:Well yeah, she's Madonna she can do alright on her worst albums lol But yeah the A Trak rumour seemed like it could be interesting, a producer who have worked with Nirvana working with her could be really different

True and I'd love it if she took some piss out of some of the shit shes been getting like calling the album "Old" or "hands" just as a fuck you to everyone going on about her age or her appearance. Twisted Evil
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 am

Hah! That would be hilarious! People attacking her for her age are so pathetic, I mean the fact she's still scoring hits, selling millions of albums and selling out stadiums despite being old just proves how much of a legend she is, so calling her old if a compliment in my eyes! Cool

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 am

Very true. It makes me laugh how generally these people will derail Madonna for being old yet adore young pop stars and all I can think is what'll happen when such n such reaches 40?
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:16 am

Lol Well to be fair, thats the reason not many postars have long careers. There fans start losing interest and then they're too old to attract new fans and just fade into obscurity. Madonna however has never really been irrelevant in her 28 year career, maybe not the most relevant all the time but always there selling records and in the media. *bows down* lol

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 am

True but in my mind it seems soo wasteful. Some older artists can release really good songs later on yet they aren't hits just cos they are old? Yet a crap song by a younger person can be a hit seems so unfair and stupid. But yeah M's track record is impressive queen
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:27 am

West Lake Prayer wrote:True but in my mind it seems soo wasteful. Some older artists can release really good songs later on yet they aren't hits just cos they are old? Yet a crap song by a younger person can be a hit seems so unfair and stupid. But yeah M's track record is impressive queen

Yeah, just look at California Gurls totally smashing while All The Lovers does just okay Crying or Very sad

(hopes ur not a Katy Perry fan, and has just insulted you LOL)

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:29 am

I am a Katy fan BUT the song should'nt have been as huge as it is. It's cute but nothing wonderful. When I think songs like Give It 2 Me and All the Lovers struggle in the US yet this gets huge sales/airplay it's kinda stupid Shocked
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:32 am

West Lake Prayer wrote:I am a Katy fan BUT the song should'nt have been as huge as it is. It's cute but nothing wonderful. When I think songs like Give It 2 Me and All the Lovers struggle in the US yet this gets huge sales/airplay it's kinda stupid Shocked

Yeah its stupid, lol the worst case imo is Britney's '3' which is just a total mess and went to #1 on the hot 100 and top 10 in a bunch of other countries. Yet Celebration went to like #50 in the US Rolling Eyes

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:40 am

3 had me disgusted tbh. I used to like Britney but sadly nowdays I can't stand her. Everyone loves her yet she puts the least amount of effort into her work. Her songs have become real basic (a major step backwards from ITZ) and she no longer even tries when performing. yet people who work hard get chewed out because they didnt shave their head back in 07. Rolling Eyes sorry no hate to her but it just annoys me.
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:45 am

I totally agree, I mean I love lots of her tracks and she *was* a great dancer back in the day. But it is a major kick in the teeth to the people who work really hard that she gets #1 hits by doing nothing and releasing songs that sound like Microsoft Sam is featuring on them. I mean I just feel sorry for the people who pay 100s of dollars to see her ''live'', they must be soft in the head tbh! Suspect

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:51 am

Ley wrote:I totally agree, I mean I love lots of her tracks and she *was* a great dancer back in the day. But it is a major kick in the teeth to the people who work really hard that she gets #1 hits by doing nothing and releasing songs that sound like Microsoft Sam is featuring on them. I mean I just feel sorry for the people who pay 100s of dollars to see her ''live'', they must be soft in the head tbh! Suspect

I think the same, think about artists who try soo hard new and old alike to get a hit single and can't yet Britney sneezes and it becomes a massive hit. It just disappoints me but also because she has the potential to actually do better than robo spears each time round.
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:02 am

West Lake Prayer wrote:
Ley wrote:I totally agree, I mean I love lots of her tracks and she *was* a great dancer back in the day. But it is a major kick in the teeth to the people who work really hard that she gets #1 hits by doing nothing and releasing songs that sound like Microsoft Sam is featuring on them. I mean I just feel sorry for the people who pay 100s of dollars to see her ''live'', they must be soft in the head tbh! Suspect

I think the same, think about artists who try soo hard new and old alike to get a hit single and can't yet Britney sneezes and it becomes a massive hit. It just disappoints me but also because she has the potential to actually do better than robo spears each time round.

Yeah, although I think some of her potential has dissolved away. She seems so out of it nowadays, like her spark has gone out. I dunno, she just seems way past her prime and shes only 28...... Crying or Very sad

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  West Lake Prayer Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:05 am

It's kinda a shame really. *sigh* oh well.

Was just watching Human Nature I love you I adore this song and video;
West Lake Prayer
West Lake Prayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ley Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:09 am

My fav Madonna song ever, and one of my fav songs ever overall. I just love it, the video is amazing aswell. Especially for its time, it looks so fresh, and she is hot as hell in it.

Ley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next